Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting On The Wagon



I sure am posting on my blog quite frequently of late. Am I getting a tad compulsive? I'm putting myself on the wagon until my next commission is completed! I started my blog in June of this year with a watercolor of Barry Zito who pitches for the San Francisco Giants. It was commissioned by his PR person. She had it beautifully framed ( painted on a full water color sheet- 22"x 30") and gave it to Mr. Z for a Christmas present. This year she has commissioned me to do another Holiday portrait for another of her clients, Nick Swisher, of the Oakland A's. Except this time, I'm doing an acrylic painting. I've got to get it done in a hurry before the fat man comes to town! So the next blog will be highlighting a Nick Swisher acrylic. Now it's time to get off the damn blog and onto that beautiful easel! Bye Bye.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, Dave! You sure know how to handle watercolor! That portrait is really well done!

David Lobenberg said...

I try, Mike. The water color artist I've learned the most from over the years is Charles Reid (in my water color class at Sacramento City College, we affectionately call him "Chuck").

Anonymous said...

Absolutely incredible watercolor portrait. It captures so much feeling. I know what you mean about compulsive blogging. I quit posting daily after doing so for a year and now give myself permission to post when I feel like it (which works out to about 3-4 times a week) and is much more manageable.

David Lobenberg said...

My feelings too. We need to spend more time doing art! I do know some other artists out there that can do both. Guess I haven't got that much energy, plus it cuts into my reading time!