Monday, February 7, 2011

How can some parts of the world be so damn green?!

Yesterday, I was watching a TV play from Great Britain, and in the little industrial village in the hill country where the play was filmed, the landscape was green, green , green... everywhere where you looked. A week earlier, I was watching a documentary about the last moonshiner in the hills of Virginia, and there too, the landscape was green, green, green... and that was in the summer for green's sake!!! I'm a native Californian living in what is called "The golden state" and called that for reason. This is what we see a LOT of during our long summer season, and it sure nuf ain't green, green, green! Acrylic on stretched canvas, 8"X10".

7 comments:

Myrna Wacknov said...

Ah, but even golden, the California hills are so sensual and curvacious! Not to mention we are not neck high in snow right now!

Autumn Leaves said...

It is all the rain those places get, David. I lived in Washington (state) and it too was green green green. I loved it and I actually loved all the rain. (I am not a sun worshiper...at all!) This is one goldenly delightful piece!

David Lobenberg said...

Myrna, double yipee doodle day for not being neck high in snow!

David Lobenberg said...

Autumn, All our Calif., dry and hot days only make our rainy days that much more sweeter!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Virginia is green, green, green--and I'm pretty sure we still have a few moonshiners. Beautiful painting; I enjoy visiting your blog--it's fun.

David Lobenberg said...

hw, I'm glad to hear that there are still a few moonshiner in the Virginias. Thank you so much for coming to my humble blog!

Unknown said...

It may not be green but it is pretty. Here it's all dust, sand and building construction :P