Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Handsome Young African Muslim Gentleman

I sometimes roam the net to find interesting photos to use as painting references. I found one of a very good looking, young African Muslim. From that photo ref., I did a contour drawing using an ink sketch pen with a brush tip. The paper I worked on is TYVEK, a paper I learned about from seeing some absolutely terrific portraits by my friend Myrna Wacknov. TYVEK is used in the building and mailing shipping industries. After the inking, I water colored over it. As the paint dries, patterns of this synthetic paper is revealed. I have only just begun to play with TYVEK, and I doubt if it will become an an important aspect of my art, but it is fun! My Chinese stamp reads "peace". The female study is one of my watercolor students from a year ago.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great portraits David.

I met many handsome men like your bottom portrait in Sudan.

David Lobenberg said...

Sue, Yes, he is quite the "looker".

SKIZO said...

It’s always a pleasure
to see such a Wonderful Work
good creations