Tuesday, May 31, 2011

President of PBS Gets a Lobenberg

Last Thursday I went to a special donors luncheon at our local PBS television station, KVIE. The keynote speaker was Paula Kerger, president of PBS. During the luncheon, I was painting a portrait of Big Bird and Mr. Rogers. At the end of the event, I pulled one of the attendee's names out of a crystal vase and they were the winners of this painting. Following that and on stage, the general manager of KVIE, David Lowe, presented Paula with a special thank you gift..a Lobenberg portrait of her..

8 comments:

Lydie said...

Fantastic David ! You're a show man ;)

Autumn Leaves said...

What a special day this was!! I hope you had an awesome time, David, as it sure looks like it! Lucky winner for who doesn't love Big Bird and Mr. Rogers? The portraits are fabulous too.

Carol Blackburn said...

What a wonderful post, David. Your portraits are awesome. I bet she was pleased, look at that smile on her face (looks like in your portrait).

Barbara Muir said...

David aren't you a star. Lucky people who receive your terrific art. You are so da man!

Your fan in Toronto,

Barbara

Unknown said...

She looks thrilled as do the winners of Big Bird.

David Lobenberg said...

Thanks, everyone and one and all. It was an honor to be part of this event, and an opportunity to promote my portraiture side of the business. Opportunities like this also become an incentive to ratchet up the quality of your art. Always an important thing to do in moving forward. Move forward or die! A little dramatic here, but you know what I mean.

Nick said...

This where it's at, keep churning out those fantastic portraits!

David Lobenberg said...

I will, Nick, and you know how much I appreciate your support!