Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yeeha!...Brooster the rooster rides again! Viva Brooster!!

Next Wednesday, I am conducting a workshop that I call "Tour De Cluck". The participants will be painting chickens in watercolor, acrylic, and oil. They have the opportunity to donate a completed piece to an event called the "Tour De Cluck" that will be held in Sacramento's neighboring town of Davis. The art will be auctioned off to raise money for a group in town that promotes locally grown food in school cafeterias! A bicycle tour of the town's urban chicken coops is offered as well! I will be demonstrating chicken paintings in both watercolor and acrylic. These two were painted within the past two days, in order to limber up for the workshop. I've named this rooster Senoir Brooster, and I painted both of these whilst listening to "The Best of Flaco Jimenez". Senior Flaco is a master of Conjunto Norteno accordion.

14 comments:

Sujit Sudhi said...

Brooster must be very happy with the way you have painted him.

I like the watercolour version more. Well, on second thoughts I like the acrylic one more.

Maybe not. The watercolour one is kind of more spontaneous than the acrylic one. But then, the colours are more vivid on the acrylic one.

Gosh! I am confused. How could you do this to me , David?

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh boy! The 'eyes' have it here, David! Great event for your students to participate in, for sure!

David Lobenberg said...

Sujit, Sorry about your dilemma. Watercolor has that beautiful luminosity and acrylic has a great textural effect. That's why I work in both mediums...can't make up my mind!

David Lobenberg said...

Autumn, I love painting eyes, and we are going to kick cluck next Wednesday in my workshop!

Kathy said...

Hi David,
Just thought I would say HI. I still keep an eye on your work. I am on facebook alot now, too. Have you seen that I am painting like a mad woman. It is you and Milind who make me this crazy mad for painting. LOL. Stay well. Kath-

David Lobenberg said...

Hi Kath! That's the great thing about seeing artist's works online...we get out creative juices flowing!

gaurav said...

hi
i m gaurav(india) i am a concept artist new to this feild i really like u r art if u could take some time out to review my blog it would be of a great help to me the link would be

http://coalcolorz.blog.com/

Barbara Muir said...

Hurray for Brooster. Great cause and great paintings.

Take care,

Barbara

David Lobenberg said...

Gaurav, Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like you just started yours. I shall check it for your first post. Good luck with it and have fun!

David Lobenberg said...

Barbara, I'll be posting some photos after the workshop this coming Wednesday.

Meera Rao said...

Fun Fun!!! I just finished a rooster in color pencils a few days ago so this was a treat for me :) acrylic or watercolors... i say both!!!!

David Lobenberg said...

Meera, I say both too!

Jake Clemens said...

Davis could use another Brooster Fest! Are you and your students ready to repeat your most egg-cellent presentation of poultry painting prowess?

By popular demand, the Tour de Cluck is back on May 14,2011! Your chicken-themed paintings were such a massive hit and made a tremendous contribution to our benefit Art Exhibit & Silent Auction last year that we hope you are inspired to do it once again!

What d'ya say?

David Lobenberg said...

Jake, I would love to do it again. Call my studio at 916-737-2311 and let's talk. I will need to get this on my calendar asap as 2011 is a very busy yr. for me.