My racing cyclists watercolor painting started out ok, but then I decided that I needed more contrast between the cyclists and the background. I went over the background a second glaze to darken it a tad. Sometimes one can get away with glazing, but sometimes it can make the painting looked over worked. Bummed out, cuts this is exactly what happened! So I began a second painting. This time I went with a blue background with more white showing through for pop and tilted the cyclists at a more dramatic angle. At this stage, I am very happy with the results and think it is a vast improvement to my first iteration. The painting is about 40% complete at this stage, so tomorrow I shall bring it to a finish. Pray for me.