Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Colors of the World", 2013 International Watercolor Society show

I posted my watercolor "Hmong Girl" on this blog last year. I entered it into the 2nd International Watercolor Society


show held in Turkey, and got in. I.W.S. was a wee bit late getting the 240 page copy in the mail, but I finally got my hands on it today. I'm most happy to be in this international show with the likes of such renowned watercolor artists as John Yardley, Nicolas Simmons, Ong Kim Seng, Joseph Zbukvic, and Bottet Nicole.

6 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi David,
Outstanding work and congratulations! It's nice to see the juror (s) had such good sense and eyes!
Sincerely,
Gary.

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations, David. I've always loved this painting.

VickiRossArt said...

This is a stunning painting! Congratulations!

David Lobenberg said...

Thank you for your kind words, Gary, Rhonda, and Vicki!

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations David,

I think you are one of the watercolour greats.

Your fan in the T.dot on vacation in Nova Scotia.

Barbara

David Lobenberg said...

I have some friends who were driving on a lonely road late at night in Nova Scotia and almost got squashed by a huge moose so be careful up there! Oh, and thanks for the compliment. You make me blush.