Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Controlling The Flood" at The School of Light and Color

This July 19, I begin an on-going watercolor class at the nationally renowned School of Light and Color in Fair Oaks, California. I have titled the class "Controlling The Flood". My students will learn how to paint very juicy watercolors with a combination of four watercolor skill sets and the art of "letting go". You can go to the school's blog to read my most recent post and check out the school's offerings by going to their website.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Just magnificent, David!

Unknown said...

I like the colours you have used.

David Lobenberg said...

Autumn, Thanks, but I have a confession to make...I used a little white conte crayon for the spray. I like to sometimes "cheat".

David Lobenberg said...

Sue, Yes, I like this one too because of its overall warmth in the sky, rocks, and some of the spray.

__ said...

Unbelievable! I studied the same photo too :) This is my version: http://painting-drawing.blogspot.com/2010/09/seascape-2.html Yours is more beautiful of course. Have a great weekend!

David Lobenberg said...

Yasemin, Wow!!!! Talk about a small world...you in Turkey and me in the USA finding the same photo on the net and painting it...too, too funny!

Satish Sharma said...

Amazing..M ur Fan...