Monday, February 28, 2011

The School of Light and Color

I am proud to announce that I am now an in- resident, workshop instructor at The School of Light and Color in Fair Oaks, California. This is a vey well known art school owned by Susan Sarback, an internationally renowned oil painting artist and author of the very popular book, "Capturing Radiant Light and Color". My first weekend workshop there, earlier this month, was "Learn The Six Skill Sets of Drawing". I had some students as far away as Hawaii attend. My next workshop will be in April, and I will be teaching my On-The-Go Ink and Wash Sketching technique. Hope to see you there!

10 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations David,

The School of Light and Color sounds
like a novel title. I hope you'll write it. Meanwhile lucky people studying with you -- you are the light and colour person for sure.

Ciao,

Barbara

Kathy said...

Congrats David. I am not familiar with this school, but they are very fortunate to get you as an instructor!! Color their lives..you are the light of their world. May this light shine from within...go get em tiger!! :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Love my little book David and it would be cool to be able to do and see the steps in action. Congrats on your new gig!!

Ginny Stiles said...

I cannot stand that you are teaching the classes that I WANT TO TAKE and I live in Florida! Blah. On the go sketch and ink sounds right up my alley. I would LOVE to take it. Don't you want to come to Fl too? :-)
Hope you'll post some of the student work and some of your ideas.

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations......I hope it brings you much joy.

Shirupa Gupta said...

gosh ! April....I really want to attend this workshop...but leaving for India and will be back only in June....on the go sketch and ink...sounds really attractive to me...Will you be doing such workshops during the later half of the year ?...I will be able to attend a workshop then....Please keep posting abt such workshops...I don't want to miss an opportunity :)

David Lobenberg said...

You miss spelled "Colour". It should be "Color". Must be some sort of Canadian thing. :-) What next?...Theatre?

David Lobenberg said...

Kathy, Unlike Barbara up north of the border, you know how to properly spell Color"! :-) No wha I meen?

David Lobenberg said...

Ginny, You bet!...I'll post some photos from next week's Reno wrkshp. I'm so so sorry that you have to live in Florida. :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations David.

www.facebook.com/SuePownallArtist