Thursday, October 16, 2014

Two more Watercolor Portraits just off My Table


These are two of my latest watercolor portraits. The top one was a student of mine  in my pen and ink class at Sacramento City College last Spring semester and the bottom watercolor is one of my current Fall semester students in my design class. I'm playing with more white space and pencil line work. I like these, but i will paint my next ones with even less washes and highlight more of the pencil contour line work like this watercolor I did about eight years ago. It has a little more white of the watercolor paper and the face just has a touch of washes.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I love that you can use any color and still get a gorgeous portrait.

David Lobenberg said...

As long as you have the values right.