Monday, March 28, 2011

My Good Buddy, Pauly

This is a 5 minute Sharpie pen and Tombow/Waterbrush sketch I did today in the pen andiInk class I teach at Sacramento City College. Pauly and his golden retriever, Gus, attend my Monday and Wednesday drawing and pen@ink classes. Pauly is my teaching assistant and Gus is the classroom mascot. If you are interested in learning about this type of sketching, click on the book cover at the top of my sie bar. That's Pauly drawing during one of my summer vineyard workshops last summer. Good old Gus is taking a break.

4 comments:

Dee Doyle said...

Wine in class? Where do I sign up?

David Lobenberg said...

Dee, Not in class. Only in the vineyards. Pauly and I shared a bottle!

Autumn Leaves said...

I cannot believe you did this in 5 minutes, David. I sure have missed the boat somewhere. I couldn't do this in hours. I think my problem is the drawing itself. At any rate, this is a fabulous ink wash piece. Your friend is a lucky guy to have this!

David Lobenberg said...

Autumn, Thank you for the kind words. By the way, Pauly is a fabulous artist, and I shall have to post one of his efforts soon.