Monday, January 12, 2009

Still working on the Amgen Tour of California painting

This acrylic may be 98% completed, and anyway, it's due soon to get reproduced in the form of gyclees that will be presented to many of this year's sponsors. I'm working on about 5 different paintings currently that I hope to soon post including another "paint off" with Terry Miura, Mike Bailey, and Milend Mulick in far off India. I'll also be posting some posters with my watercolor paintings of one time Sacramento Kings players Chris Webber and Vlade Divac. They will have special ceremonies in Feb. and Mar. at Arco Arena where their individual jerseys will be retired before game times.

6 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi David,

Wow, wow, wow! Even the clouds look like they're racing. I love the perspective, the incredible feeling of
excitement and action.

Just incredible. And those palm trees
are absolute icons of California for me. You're making me miss the California wing of my family.

Take care,

Barbara

David Lobenberg said...

Thanks so much Barbara. I love, love clouds, and hopefully they don't distract from the bikers.

Barbara Muir said...

Hi David,

No the clouds don't distract from the bikers - they enhance them. They make people like me who never bike, want to watch this race. They explain why it would be so great to be out there on a bike being part of it.

Super.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

I like the colors here and all the details, including the shadows.

Paz

David Lobenberg said...

Paz: I just knew that a person who photographs shadows would like mine here!

Anonymous said...

;-)

Paz