Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here Come The Judges



I have the honor of co-judging a large art show at the end of this summer with Gloria Burt. Gloria has been a very prominent fixture in the Sacramento art scene for many years now. She is both a collector and art event coordinator. This is a portrait (11"X17" acrylic on stretched canvas) of her that I just finished today. It and the 5"X7" watercolor self portrait I did as part of a water color portrait workshop that I conducted about a month ago, will be used on the pre-show advertising printed material. By the way, a light pink conte crayon was used to bring out part of my beard going up to my ear. I forgot to leave highlights in that section as I was doing the water color! By dipping into my bag-o-tricks, I corrected the oversight.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful portraits.

David Lobenberg said...

Thanks Mary. I've always loved doing portraits in water color and now in acrylic.